Why leave your pet at home when you can take them with you?
We’re now taking bookings for 2021. Seen something you like and available now? Book early before it’s gone!
Enter Your Location Below and search for the best pet friendly camper van rental prices and book online today! Simple, easy and fully insured.
Taking your pet on holiday in a rented pet friendly camper van or motorhome
So often a holiday means putting your beloved pet into kennels whilst you are away. It’s not easy for those of us who hate to be parted from our best friend and there’s the worry if they will be all right during the time we are elsewhere. The ideal solution is to hire a pet friendly motorhome through campervanhire.com
The benefits of hiring a dog friendly RV, camper van or motorhome
There’s no doubt about it, if you want to immerse yourself in the great outdoors, exploring new places and yet still have a cosy ‘home from home’, it takes a lot to beat a campervan or motorhome. Unlike a hotel, with all the rules about checking in and out times, rigid restaurant opening hours and limited options (if any) to bring your pet, a camper van means that you get to set your own schedule and budget accordingly.
Pet Friendly Campervan Hire
You can eat when you like (no having to eat breakfast by 9am if you don’t want to!), move from place to place when you want, stop and walk your dog – and change your schedule if you find a favourite spot that you’d like to enjoy for a bit longer.
The other great thing is that campervanhire.com will find you the perfect camper van or motorhome to hire that will suit you and your pet – and if your pet’s vaccinations and passport are up to date, then you can travel to any number of places. Thinking of a motorhome holiday in France with your pet? No problem, campervanhire.com can sort it.
Dog friendly motorhome hire
Many motorhome holiday makers like to move from place to place, finding the perfect spot to stay, but should you want to base yourself entirely at a campsite, then plenty of these are pet-friendly, with dedicated exercise areas. So your furry companion will be by your side and you’ll be enjoying your holiday together, no matter where you are.
Even if the weather is unpredictable, hiring a pet friendly camper van or motorhome means that you can still get out and about with your pet. You can park up somewhere and head off for a good walk, knowing that you’ve got somewhere cosy and dry to come back to if it starts to rain. So much better than being stuck in a hotel room or lounge for the day.
What kind of dog friendly motorhome should I hire for my pet?
The size of your rented motorhome will obviously depend on how many of you are travelling and it’s also important to remember that you will need the appropriate extra space for your pet.
Pets need to be comfortable and feel that they have space, in order not to get stressed, especially as they are going to be travelling around. So a small campervan won’t really be suitable for a large dog. You do really need to allow enough space for them as if they were another person. You’ll also need room for their bed, food and some toys.
We’ve put together a checklist below to help you plan and once you’re on the road, remember to stop plenty of times during travelling to allow for short walks, poo and pee breaks.
Pet checklist for a holiday in a rented pet friendly motorhome
Before you travel:
1. Check that your pet’s microchip details and pet insurance are up to date.
2. If you are travelling abroad and taking your pet with you, you’ll need to ensure that their vaccinations, flea and tick treatment and pet passport (the latter if applicable) are all up to date and valid.
3. Also check their collar and lead for signs of wear and tear and replace if badly worn.
4. Make sure that any ID tags on your pet’s collar includes details of your name, address and mobile phone number.
5. Ask your vet to give your pet a quick check to ensure that they are fit for travel.
For the trip:
1. Food, water bottle and collapsible water bowl (for days out walking), food and water dishes, treats.
2. Toys, balls, poo bags.
3. Bed, towel for wiping muddy paws, fleece blanket.
4. Dog coat.
5. First aid kit.
6. Safety harness for keeping them secure whilst travelling.
7. Copy of your pet’s veterinary records (just in case!).
8. Pet passport (if travelling abroad and required).
9. Ground tether or stake.
10. Any medication that your pet needs to take regularly.
Dog Friendly Campervan Hire
Pet and dog friendly rv, campervan and motorhome hire