If you haven’t rented a campervan before, it’s time to hop on the bandwagon. Campervans are becoming more and more popular as people tap into their adventurous spirit and explore the world around them – or maybe just their backyard.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at what you should know about renting a campervan for your next road trip!
Most campervans have sleeping bunks that can accommodate up to four people comfortably. You’ll even find all of the kitchen amenities that are necessary when cooking on the road – like pots, pans, utensils, and plates – as well as food cool storage areas in every model.
You’ll also be able to set up your home away from home with things such as coffee makers, microwaves, and satellite TV. So you don’t miss any sporting events or news back at home while out on the open road! Campervan rentals come equipped with all the creature comforts that you need for a terrific time on the road.
Benefits of CamperVan Rentals
- The campervan experience is an all-new and exciting way to vacation. There are so many different types of vans now that it makes the possibilities seem endless! You can go on a campervan trip, play your best music, or have outdoor fun with friends. This type of vacation will be as individualized as you want because there’s no set path for these adventures.
- It gives ease and comfort when travelling long distances in one day. Suppose you’re not planning on spending more than 24 hours at any given destination. In that case, renting a campervan could save you time by avoiding busy hotels or unnecessary layovers through security checkpoints, saving money because campsites are typically cheaper than hotels.
- It provides a more intimate and unique experience for the traveller because you won’t be staying in generic hotel rooms but instead will get to enjoy the campervan as your own tiny home on wheels!
- When looking into hiring a campervan, make sure that it’s well maintained. Detailing what is included with rental agreements can also help determine if this type of trip would be the best for you and your friends/family members who are going on your adventure.
- Before booking, make sure to inquire about any additional costs beyond your initial expenses like insurance coverage (if not included), fuel surcharge fees, mileage charges, taxes – these can add up!
- Keep in mind that camper vans are not always equipped with toilet facilities and cooking equipment, so make sure to plan accordingly. You may also want to be prepared for any weather conditions as well – there might not be a heater or AC unit installed inside the van. Sometimes it’s better to rent RVs instead if you’re worried about these types of things.
How much does it cost?
All the Costs vary depending on what types of rental vehicles are rented but typically range from $50-$100 per day plus fees (which we talked about earlier). So it won’t break the bank like renting a hotel room would! Plus, by staying at campsites, hotels, etc., your wallet will have more breathing room.
RV Rental Hot Deals for Summer
It’s the time of year when RV rentals are at their most reasonable price. So to save as much money as you can, here is our guide on how to get the best deals without sacrificing quality.
- Compare possible prices from several different companies.
- Consider rent-to-own options that offer lower monthly payments over a longer time and compare them with typical rental rates.
- Find out if the company has any special offers or discounts available for your travel needs.
RV rental summer deals are ideal for families who need a roomy vehicle to carry their gear and kids. You can find the perfect RV rental deals from major companies like Avis, Budget, and Hertz on sites such as Costco Travel or Expedia.
Top 5 Summer Vacations Spot in Canada
Canada is the perfect destination for a summer vacation. It’s warm, has excellent weather and plenty to do. Here are the top five places to visit:
- Banff National Park – The national park in Alberta features incredible lakes, waterfalls, glaciers, and wildlife (including bears!)
- Jasper National Park – This park in Alberta is best known for its beautiful Rocky Mountains, including Mount Robson
- Toronto – This city on the shores of Lake Ontario has something for everyone: great food, music, and culture.
- Niagara Falls – One of the most well-known landmarks in North America draws tourists worldwide. A place with natural beauty and power is attractive.
- Ottawa – With around one million, this city has plenty to offer cultural enthusiasts and outdoorsy types alike.
- Lake Louise – This place is also excellent for traveling.
Different types of campervans
A truck camper expands from within the bed of a pickup truck – typically by pulling down on hydraulic supports that unfold it like an accordion – though there are also some models where you slide out one side before evolving the other.
Travel Trailer Rental Canada
These are trailers that you tow behind a vehicle, with your living space and storage all contained within the trailer’s walls. They’re not as popular for campervan rentals because they provide less flexibility in where to park or camp. Still, those who use them say there’s a sense of security when sleeping outdoors, knowing everything is right there inside their home on wheels.
Fifth Wheel Camper Van Rental Canada
As opposed to travel trailers which are towed behind another vehicle like an SUV, fifth wheel camping vans have their axles and can be pulled by anything from an economy car to a pickup truck or big rig tractor-trailer – even semi-trucks! The hitch setup allows almost any type of automobile to pull the camper. Fifth wheel campers are also called “toads” because they’re towed behind a toad – either an SUV, pickup truck, or big rig tractor-trailer.
Motorhome Camping Van Rentals Canada
These are large camper vans that offer all the features of a mobile home on wheels. They’re capable of sleeping up to six people and come with many amenities, including complete kitchens, bathrooms, and often even washing machines! You may contact the RV owner to book a trip!
Tear Drop Campers Van Rental Canada
The teardrop is more prevalent in Europe than North America, but those who have rented them say they feel like they’ve been transported back to the 1960s when driving one.
Class A Campers
Class A are The ultimate campervans rentals offer all the amenities of a mobile home. They’re like an RV without wheels as they have beds that fold into walls and kitchens with everything from dishwashers to ovens.
Class B Campers
Class B campers typically resemble an SUV or station wagon – sans engine block. So you can drive it just as you would any other vehicle then unfold out into a full-size camper for your vacation at destinations where no camping gear is allowed, such as private campgrounds, hotel-run campgrounds, and parks.
Class C Campers
Class C camper vans are more extensive than a popup or slide-out but still more diminutive in size and cost when compared to sizeable fifth wheel units. They’re also more traditional looking with design features like steep roofs that resemble the old school Airstreams of yesteryear, which many say make them famous because they also offer an element of nostalgia for those who grew up camping during the period from 1950-the 1970s before RV’s became so popular.
Campervan Hire Canada
Canada is a great country with plenty to see and do, and renting a campervan can be the perfect way to get around. Whether you want to explore the Rocky Mountains or take in some of Canada’s stunning coastlines, many places would make ideal destinations for your RV rentals.
This province has a beautiful coastline alongside quaint villages, which makes it ideal for exploring by car – especially if you’re looking for peace away from bigger cities like Toronto or Vancouver. So take a trip up along Cape Breton Island Road and travel through Peggy’s Cove and other towns in the area.
Newfoundland & Labrador
If you want a trip, this is the place for your campervans rental! You’ll find wildlife all over, including whales in Gros Morne National Park and sea mammals like seals! Also, be sure to stop by The Rooms – Newfoundland’s Art Gallery, where there are always interesting exhibitions on show.
Not only does BC have stunning coastlines, but it also features many national parks that make great destinations, such as Banff National Park, which is home to Mount Rundle.
Some Good RV Rental Companies
Baja Campervans – ‘Best Value for a Midsize RV’
Rentals in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Palm Springs. Affordable rates with premium camper vans that are perfect for any adventure! Direct rental prices include unlimited miles on the highway, taxes & fees (including sales tax), and free roadside assistance.
Road Bear RV Rentals – ‘Give you the Best Prices Guaranteed!’
They are offering deals on late model motorhomes at some of the lowest prices around! In addition, short-term rentals are available from 24 hours up to 28 days or longer by negotiation: free airport pickup, drop-off location pick, and travel alerts.
Go West Campers – ‘No matter what level of campervan you are looking for, we will be sure to have the perfect one!’
They offer a range of campervans from small and cozy VW Campervans, with enough room for up to four people or five-seater larger ones. A wide variety in comparison to other rental companies. It is highly rated by customers on popular sites such as Trip Advisor and Yelp!
Cool Cabins Vacation Rentals – ‘Book your cabin today.
They have a wide selection of cabins across Canada at various prices. Including luxury cottages near Banff National Park in Alberta, visitors can enjoy skiing, fishing & canoeing. All rentals come fully equipped with all the amenities you need to ensure an enjoyable stay.
Camping World RV Rentals – ‘Just tell us what’s important to you!’
Offer a range of campervans for groups from two to twelve people and motorhomes that sleep four or six people. Allows customers the option of renting just the campervan with a driver, adding insurance, roadside assistance, and more! The perfect company if you’re looking for something specific in terms of size & features.
Whether you’re looking for a family vacation, an adventure or something in between, there’s no better way to experience Canada than with one of our campervan rentals. These are also perfect if you want some time off from hotels and resorts as it gives you the opportunity to explore at your own pace while staying comfortable.
We’ve provided all the information that we think is essential for planning out your summer vacations in Canada and hope that this guide has been helpful!
If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us any time – we’ll be more than happy to help!